Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal

Going on 87...Savoring and Surviving the Senior Years

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

No More Pictures of Lucy for a Spell


On your mark. Ready. Get set. GO! First tooth extraction this morning. Only six more months of oral abuse to a perfect smile. However, after seeing blogs that publish explicit photos and unsavory details of medical procedures I've decided not to keep you posted. Hold the applause.

I want to apologize to everyone for not wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving---On time, I mean. I wanted to do it at the right time but I have an excuse---sort of. I was all alone. By myself. Just me. My computer knows these things and waits until I'm all by my lone to be sick. Actually, I'm not sure it was my computer, Blogger, or me but I couldn't post anything. Normally I call Jack or Carole to fix things but they'd gone to FaRRRgo to spend the holiday with Carole's mother and family.

Of course I was invited---I always am, but the I opted to stay here with Auntie Sue and the animals. (By "here" I mean in the same town. Not, GD forbid in the same house.) Both Auntie Sue and I would rather be in hell or KMart than brave holiday travel. In any case, my computer and I were alone together most of the time. My computer knows this, of course and exploits the advantage. I feel even less empowered than ever when it does this---I also notice my arm and hand hurting more than usual!

So there you have it; all my rationalizations and excuses. But Happy Thanksgiving anyway. Jack and Carole are coming home tonight and I'm praying I can post this before they get here to maximize their guilt. An old woman, alone, in pain, with a diabolical machine lurking in the shadows. Shame on them!!

The FaRRRgo folks emailed photos yesterday. Carole's mother moved to a nursing home and the kids broke up her apartment over the holiday weekend. As far as I can tell there was no arguing about Clarice's belongings. I'm posting two pictures that seem to indicate the distribution of stuff was most congenial. Carole's family is certifiably crazy but they have a rare capacity for joy and laughter---which I think is reflected in these photos. Almost makes me wish I'd been there---not not quite!

I must rest my frenetic brain and toothless mouth---at least for the moment. I hope you are all well and happy. Talk to you soon!
Much love,
Your lucyd

17 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Chancy said…

    I can see the light is back and your aura is highlighted by the words dancing on your keyboard as you merrily hum and click, communicating with those hither and yon as Lucy sits in the corner and smiles.

    You mean ole computer you. Stop messing with our Lucy.:)

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, maybe I came to your blog too late and that's why I don't know what is going to happen after the naughty molar got pasted back in place??

    I can be very smug and symathetic now since my reign of terror from MY dentist is over and done...YAY!

    It was worth the tooth pulling, a couple of root canal crowns and all the poking around...and impressions for the bridge, blah blah 'cause now I have an absolutely gorgeous smile.

    Unfortunately I seriously doubt my gleaming, shiny new teeth match the rest of this old wrinkled up face but it may help a little, anyway.

    Smile! You're on someone's digital camera!!

    So you're going to BlogHer's thing in Chicago? Hmmmmm. I live 90 miles north of Chicago..(Milwaukee) I will have to check this out!!

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ginnie said…

    Hi Lucy: They must be a happy and well adjusted family to be able to divvy up things and still be smiling...and thanks for the belated Holiday greetings...better late than never !

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucy, there's nothing like a post from you to send me into fits of laughter.
    You're right, I'm sure computers KNOW how to take us at a disadvantage. Don't let yours act up though! ;)
    Looking forward to the next installment of your dental adventures ;)

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger EV said…

    Lord, you are funny -"frenetic brain and toothless mouth." LOL. Thanx, you take care, Lucy. ;)

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Somedays, you just feel like shooting that thing, don't you? The dentist, that is. And the computer, too!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Sorry about the dental work, Lucy, and I hope it will all be over soon.

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad you are working on your smile. Your posts always do wonders for mine.

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    LOL, LOL...As always Lucy...you are delightfully funny and wry, too!
    Good Luck with that dental stuff---OY!
    And thank you for the Thanksgiving Greetings....I send you Big Hugs, My Dear....!
    Kick that computer of yours in it's Arse!

     
  • At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you managed to bang out a post Lucy. And I hope the dental work goes well.

    PS...As far as Jack and Carole and the ensuing "guilt trip", I sometimes will leave a small hand-written note laying in a conspicuous location easy for someone to run across saying something like "elderly abuse hot-line number?". You know...something subtle. LOL

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger millie garfield said…

    Happy to see you posting again, I missed you.

    We take computers and people for granted but they do let us down sometimes, then when they "work", we really appreciate them.

    Keep on smiling regardless! ;-)

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Joy Des Jardins said…

    Oh dear toothless Lucy....you are a joy! Carole's family looks like a pretty happy clan; nice pics. The only thing missing is your sweet face sitting in the middle of that little group. But I totally understand your distaste for traveling anywhere at this time.

    It never fails. Why is it...computers, cars, appliances ALL act up whenever you're home alone with no one to come to your aid? It's a vicious plot. Sorry that your arm and hand are bothering you; but hey, you posted this piece, didn't you? And, a wonderfully funny piece it is Lucy. Thinking about you and sending you many hugs, and much love... -Joy

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Granny Donn--I'm so sorry we kept Carole and Jack up north to long. We had a wonderful time.
    Mom even played piano for everyone at the Nursing home. There wasn't a dry eye in the house or I should I say HOME. This might be the last time your family will get to see her.
    Hope your keeping warm--Love ya, Annie

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Hey Lucy! I gave you a Perfect post award for November, but I can't find your email address to send the button! Contact me at radiofox@gmail.com and I will send it to you.

    PS the comment from "miss" earlier was me; sometimes Blogger Beta doesn't like me.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Rain Trueax said…

    good luck on the dental work and thanks for the smile in reading your blog this morning :)

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger GUYK said…

    I will start after the first of the year getting the rest of mine yanked out..probably three or four at a time..then I will eat soft foods until my gums completely heal and I hope I can get used to some fake chompers. What the hell, legend says George Washington ate with wooden teenth..at least nowadays one doesn't have to worry about getting a gut full of splinters.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I keep popping by to see if you have a new post and was rewarded this morning.
    So nice to read your words again, Lucy. I've really missed you. Wishing you good health and a Happy Holiday season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home