Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal

Going on 87...Savoring and Surviving the Senior Years

Monday, October 23, 2006

On the Horn

You, my dear friends are the best! As I wrote in my post last week I decided just to flow with the unbearable frightfulness of being. So I did. I also got a perm and now I really feel much perkier. (Actually, I'm not kidding. Thanks, Chancy.) My arm is still electrically stiff/numb and unfortunately still connected to the rest of me. I'm patiently waiting for Jack to hook me up to voice recognition but until then I'll follow your advice and suck it up long enough to post at least once a week "by hand." (Thanks Sweet BG/Tidbit and Divine Miss C!)

BTW, I think I need to say that I realize how trivial, considering my age, my complaints must sound. I'm so grateful for my good health. But being happy and depressed at the same time isn't hard for me at all. And you know how I enjoy a good wallow.

Tuesday is Ronni's phone party. I can't wait. I'll be on the phone from 11:30 to 12:30ish MST. I hope my buds can check in. I'm curious about what you all sound like. I have preconceived notions about each of you but like imagining what someone looks like from the sound of their voice, I expect I'll be suprised! I'll wear my teeth so I'm sure I'll sound fabulous.

Jack came home from China last week, picked up clean undies and took off for Ireland from where he reported attending a hurling match over the weekend. Sounds downright uncivilized to me ---not to mention unsanitary. In any case I'll have even more stories to share when he gets back here on Saturday. I'm dying to tell you about Jack and the dancing "I'm a Barbie Girl" pandas. But that will have to wait for now. It's taken me over an hour to write this post---I'm pooped. And that's what it's REALLY like getting old...

Hope to talk to you manana!

18 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Good to hear from you, Lucy! You need a secretary, thats what. You tell the stories, and a hot young man types them for us to read, OK?

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger kenju said…

    I guess a perm can do wonders for your psyche, too! Glad to know you are out of the doldrums.

    Last night I dreamed that I had long hair and I took a razor to it and chopped it nearly all off in a frenzy or unhappiness with the way I looked. Please tell me what that means??!!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A new hairdo always lifts your spirits! I have hopes to get at least two inches cut off my long hair very soon. (Word has it that the long hair ages me--my 70 year old mother has told others who were kind enough to share this information with me.)
    Keep that determined spirit and you can tackle anything! (That's what I tell myself every day.)

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Joy Des Jardins said…

    Yep, a new hairdo does it every time. Just kind of shakes it up a little, don't you think Lucy?

    You sound pretty great to me sweetie...as funny as ever. I'm going to try to connect on Elderblogger PhoneCon if can...the thought of hearing you and others that I have enjoyed over this past year is very exciting.

    Three cheers for our new perky Lucy..."Hair, Hair!"

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said…

    Glad to see you online, Lucy! I totally agree about the "new hair." It works for me every time!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Joy Des Jardins said…

    Well, well, well...so that's what you sound like....adorable!! It was so wonderful to talk with you Lucy...you were a hoot! Just as I'd expect. I enjoyed our Elderblogger PhoneCon session. I stayed on much longer than I planned to...it was kind of infectious once you got there. I'm sure there will be more. Take care sweet lady.... Hugs, Joy

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Cowtown Pattie said…

    Lucy, my dear,

    What a wonderful sense of humor you have! I knew it, of course, but it was too much fun to hear you live and in person!

    Many hugs back to you!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Maya's Granny said…

    Ah, us poor working girls have to miss out on these things. Some day -- meanwhile, glad to see you posting today, Lucy.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Hey Lucy...You sound better, my dear..! I would love to know how this whole phone thing works...AND, I wondered if you have looked into the Voice Recognition Software...so you won't have to use your bad arm as much....So Good To Have You Here!!!

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Chancy said…

    Lucy!!!! I knew you could do it and You look wonderful!!!!!

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your phone party sounds fun. Here's hoping that arm gets better!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lucy, so sorry to have missed you on the phoneCon yesterday. that was a fascinating, though bit frustrating, adventure. wish i could have been available later when you chimed in; sounds like much frivolity.

    hair is so central to us women and our sense of well-being...glad you got the perm. yours, naomi

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger joared said…

    Great to hear your voice, Lucy, on PhoneCon. I kept waiting there hoping you'd call in. Yeah, I, too, feel like a new person when I even just get a shampoo.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops, I missed PhoneCon. I am getting behind with all your new technology. So glad to see this post. I know it was difficult to write, but I am so glad you did.

    I understand about being depressed and happy all at the same time. I can even throw in a third and fourth one at times . . . fear and anger.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry that I missed you on PhoneCon. I heard you were a riot!!

    Ronni is planning another one in January, I hope to participate in that one and that you'll be ON too.

    I go to the hairdresser once a month for a hair cut and COLOR and feel so much better afterwards - so I can relate to what you said about feeling good after getting a perm..

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've always maintained that us females getting our hair done puts a whole new spin on making us feel better....so good for you!
    I would have loved to participate in the phone thing, but time didn't allow it. I've read a few other blogs though and can tell a good time was had by all. Sorry I had to miss it.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger GUYK said…

    I was gonna get this perm one time but the woman said it would be a waste of money to put a curler around just two hairs..

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good grief--I must have missed the boat. Hair is hair is hair. I just get out the scissors when mine gets too long. (Hummm...do you suppose that is why you all look so much better than I do?) Whatever works for you...or you...or you...is great by me. I'm just jealous 1) because you look better than I do and 2) because you have such a simple way of getting yourself out of the doldrums. Rock on!
    Cop Car

     

Post a Comment

<< Home