Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal

Going on 87...Savoring and Surviving the Senior Years

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Pen is on the Cable

Shortly after I finished writing the post below--and before I could publish, our Adelphia internet connection went south. It was finally restored this afternoon (after the repairman dismantled two bedrooms and the library.) Frankly I don't care if this news is cold as a dog's nose. Anybody who believes I'd throw away this much typing is out of their mind. So...better late than never:

Re the 10/24 Elderblogger phone conference: Oh, you beautiful dolls! I was so excited I'm sure I just babbled like an idiot but talking to you all was such an upper for me. Thanks so much to Ronni et al for setting everything up. I would love to have stayed longer---and planned to but I had yet another medical appt that I couldn't reschedule. This one was with my podiatrist. (I hope he appreciated I not only wore my teeth but I shaved my toes. It's obvious I'm feeling better!) Talking personally to you was such a thrill. I hope you know how much my relationship with all you bloggers (at least those of you who like me) means to my health. And that's the truth.

It must be my day. As I was leaving the house for the podiatrist I met Del, one of my best boyfriends from Gunnison. He was carrying a a dozen long-stemmed peach roses. "These are for my girl," he announced as he presented me with the magnificent bouquet. He was also carrying a complete European picnic of bread, wine, caviar, smoked salmon, cheeses, pate, pastries and fruit which he prepared while I was was at the doc. You can bet Carole and I were itching for Dr. Carlson to finish his scraping and sanding so we could get back home to eat! In return, all Del wanted to do was sleep on our living room floor. (Our townhouse is short on beds but as usual he brought his own sleeping bag). Such a deal. Yummmm. (Except for caviar. Gross! Ick! Yuck!!)

Well, that's the name of that tune. For today I just want to say Hi and let you know I'm thinking of everybody. I'll post our Halloween pics and a truly tasteless cartoon about old bosooms tomorrow. Carole took the picture of Larry Olaf at the top of this post. They had just gotten back inside the Big House after playing in the blizzard here last week. You can take the girl out of North Dakota But you can't take North Dakota out of the girl. Pore ole Larry.

18 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger SavtaDotty said…

    So glad you're feeling better. I tried, I really tried to talk on the phone conference, but no luck from Israel. We can still Skype, though.

    Guests who bring their own sleeping bags are the best!

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Endment said…

    Better late than never -
    Roses and their own sleeping bags - I guess I could be ready for visitors like that!
    I really missed out - Hope there is another call before too long.

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Sounds like a good time to me! I'm off to NYC, be back Sunday.

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Joy Des Jardins said…

    Hi sweet Lucy...

    Your visit to the Elderblogger phone conference was all too short. We were just starting to get hysterical from all your wonderful comments. We were just starting to feel the love you encircled us with...even in that short time. Can you imagine if you would have stayed longer? We were all grateful that you were able to join in however long it was. You are dearly loved Lucy.

    I hope that basket of goodies from Del was worth the wait....nice guy. And a dozen roses to boot...not a bad day Lucy.

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger EV said…

    Sounds like you were the Belle of the phone conference! Glad you are on the mend, too.

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Lucy, you were a highlight of Elderblogger PhoneCon. We all had such fun when you visited.

    As I said to someone, if you want a late-life career, I think you'd be a great success as a standup comic.

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gee....do you ever sound better! Amazing what a perm, flowers, a guy, and a little foot massage can do for a person. LOL
    Wish I could have joined in on the conference...unfortunately, that 4 letter word -- WORK -- creeps in on all my fun.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger kenju said…

    Teehee - you shaved your toes? You must really feel better! Yay!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    So happy to read this post Lucy..It means you are feelingsoooo much better, my dear...And I'm thrilled to hear it, I truly am....

    Wish I had that phone thingy...BUT, I do have a telephone and I'd love to talk to you sometime, my dear...

    I will email you my Phone Number and hopefully, you will email me yours so I can give you a jingle Lucy dear...!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Chancy said…

    Lucy It is wonderful to hear you are all better now.

    And I loved hearing from you about your recent adventures. And yes, shaving toes and going to the podiatrist count as adventures in my book also.

    I am happy to hear news of Larry Olaf. I had been missing that sweet doggie.

    Chancy

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry I missed Elderblogger PhoneCon...
    I'll have to just do better.

    What a lucky lady you are to have just a charming gentleman suitor! Glad things are going your way these days.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You had a phone conference? I didn't know that. I bet it was a hoot.

    You seem it great spirits and i just love to read your posts. Looking forward to the Halloween one.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Ginnie said…

    So good to hear from you again. I paid tribute to you in a blog awhile back. It's the one titled "The Fabulous Palm Spring Follies" if you want to read about yourself ! Can't wait to see the "tasteles cartoon". Fondly, Ginnie

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to read you Lucy! Almost as good as hearing you on the phone on that crazy Phonecon! I have been away for a few days and am trying to catch up with my blog reading AND my blog posting. I have opened a new blog, did you know that?
    It's at http://journal.covonline.net.
    How are your fingers doing? Has your son found that voice recognition software?
    Love
    Claude

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a delight....flowers and a picnic lunch!
    Good to see your post here, Lucy and hope you're doing okay.
    Larry is just too cute!

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger joared said…

    Glad you got this post up whatever the date. As I mentioned on your previous post, I kept hangin' around on the PhoneCon just to hear you -- and it was worth it!

    Yeah, that Skype worked great for me, too. I installed it because of what you said. Sorry Savtadotty couldn't connect. Also, my email to her keeps being returned as undeliverable, so please tell her I said "Thanks for her kind comments on my blog."

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Maya's Granny said…

    Lucy,
    How are you doing? Hope that all is well.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How wonderful to have a real conversation with blogging friends. And I am so pleased that you are feeling better. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home