Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal

Going on 87...Savoring and Surviving the Senior Years

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lucy Sez Hooray!

I was waiting for the final Senate results before posting it's but it's already abundantly clear Americans have chosen a different direction for our government. Personally I'm ecstatic but more than satisfaction I feel overwhelming pride and gratitude to live in a nation where this could happen.

I'm hopeful that a less arrogant, more thoughtful and altruistic tone will now be set in this country. Like many of you I want our boys to come home to their families. I want everyone to have equal access to food, housing, education and quality medical care. As always I pray for peace---and that the sweeping changes yesterday can contribute to that end. As voters we must continue to be vigilant and demanding both of our elected officials and ourselves.

America is unique and precious, as are its citizens---red, blue and other. It's been a long time since I've really felt that kind of pride. But I do today and it feels wonderful.

Much love to all of you from lucy.

47 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home