Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal

Going on 87...Savoring and Surviving the Senior Years

Monday, February 12, 2007

Life is Good

Darling Blogbuds,

No doubt Lucy is your most faithless correspondent. That doesn't mean I don't love you---GD knows how much you all mean to me. But you know how I hate to type, though I'm currently taking a keyboarding class at the Pike's Peak Library District.


In any case, this is Lucy the Procrastinator checking in. I've been lurking with y'all right along but I'm finally putting my nose to the grindstone and my shoulder to the wheel to type a new post of my very own.. (It's really hard working in that position so I hope all of you appreciate the effort it took to type this blog.)

It's been lovely in the CO Rockies this week. I sent all our snow and ice to upstate NY. I'm really sorry about doing that but most of you up there are younger than me so I don't feel terribly guilty. Thanks to the lovely weather here I've been able to take a daily constitutional. Walk, I mean---not Metamucil. I try to make the loop in our townhouse community---about 1/2 a mile, which I consider Olympian for me.

Usually Carole and Samthedog accompany me. However yesterday I made the trek all by my lone while Carole and Jack were in Denver. Auntie Tobi took Samthedog to the Bear Creek Dog Park to play with his cousins Lulu and Junie. Unfortunately, Sam disappeared during the outing. Auntie Tobi was distraught and combed the surrounding area for hours. But to no avail. Sam was nowhere to be found.


He stayed that way until 5 AM the next day when a very nice lady called to report she'd found Samthedog in a frozen heap in her backyard. Carole sped over to pick up a shivering and terrified Sam who upon warming wanted to play fetch. All's well that ends well.

I consider it all a metaphor for my life.
Much, much love to all of you...

18 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Lucy, I confess to worrying about you when you don't post more often. That dog has a sweet look on his face. I am glad to know he didn't freeze to death. I guess his cousins are a bad influence on him?

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said…

    What a cute little puppy! I'm so glad he's okay. And I'm very glad you're doing well, too! :-)

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to learn the dog was found and is alive and well. Glad to hear from you as well, dear Lucy. Hope this typing class will work wonders and we'll get to read you more often;)
    Lots of love
    Claude

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Joy Des Jardins said…

    Much much love to you too Lucy...and thank you for sitting painfully at the keyboard to type this post. You know we understand if you can't...don't you?

    Happy Valentine's Day to a sweetheart of a lady....hugs and kisses....

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you taking that typing class. Pretty soon you won't have to sit in that awkward position and will be able to put up more posts.

    That will make a lot of people very happy!!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Ahhh Dear Dear Lucy...So glad to see you back on the Blogness....When you disappear---We Worry! So, I'm happy to know that ALL is well with you, relatively speaking....

    SanTheDog is adorable---I am assuming that is 'himself' in the photo...Poor darling...found in a frozen heap...OY!

    Now you be careful when you are walking my dear Lucy...I do not want to read that you were found in a frozen heal too, unless it's with SamTheDog....then, the two of you can keep each other warm till 'the troops' come....(lol) Hoping it stays warmer there, dear Lucy...It is GORGEOUS here in Los Angeles, today and will be even warmer tomorrow....! So glad to read a post from you, derar dear Lucy. And a VERY HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you and yours...! AND (((((HUGS))))), from me.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    You had me worried for a minute with that puppy story. Glad he's OK (and so cute!) Happy Valentines Day!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad to see you posting again. As to weather, you will understand that after reading posts from bloggers in the north east and the midwest, I am feeling "California Guilt". It is the low 70's today.

    So glad the little dog was found and that he/she has learned a lesson about roaming.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger EV said…

    Whew, I'm glad he made it OK! The poor folks on the East coast are sure having a time of it. Thanx for checking in a the new post. Have fun with your typing lessons - I'm a graduate of the Hunt and Peck School of typing myself. ;)

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger joared said…

    Glad to hear from you again, 'cause your absence did make me wonder ... if you'd met someone and run off together. Shucks, and all you're doing is taking a typing class (think that's great, so am not dissing it by any means) -- it's just that the story I fantasized seemed like it had potential for a fascinating story from you. Glad Sam is okay!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Endment said…

    Congratulations to you on taking the keyboard class!

    Your gift of snow has been somewhat reluctantly received :)

    Good to hear from you!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so it is you, lucy, who sent us this damned cold! guess it was our turn though the ice is a b---h underfoot and confusing. our glam city does a great job cleaning the sidewalks and streets but the stuff has to go somewhere: big, frozen piles to climb.

    it is our due, however, and your walk sounds delightful. yours,naomi

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Popping by to check on you, Lucy and happy to see all is well with you.
    Samthedog is TOO cute and so glad he was found and is fine.
    You take care and I look forward to more posts.

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Just checking up on you Lucy..Long Time-No-Hear....! I hope you are okay, my dear...Today is March 3rd....How the hell did that happen? (LOL)
    Anyway...I miss your visits and I miss your posts...I hope your shoulder is not against the grindstone anymore...That can be mighty painful!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, my gosh. What a cute pup!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful thing that a kind lady found Samthedog and called for him. I'm sure his dialing a phone would be as difficult as yore shoulder to the wheel. Seriously I'm happy that every thing turned out all right and also you are back with us.

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Well, my dear dear Lucy...Today, (right now, here in L.A. it's 2AM...) March 15th! You've been silent for quite a while now...I pray you are well and just busy with all sorts of fun things....Just know, you are missed, dear Lucy, very very much!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lucy, I am a worrier. What are you up to? Let us know. Perhaps you are just having lots of fun or your computer is broken, but I would so much like to have news.
    Please give us just a tiny little post, to let us know that you are all right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home