Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal

Going on 87...Savoring and Surviving the Senior Years

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Sweet Puzzle Solved...Awwww!

I just received this photo in my email. It was a welcome change after a day of hearing about nothing but death and destruction. Can you see why?

A hint: It was taken by Carole's brother on his KS ranch.


ADDENDUM

OK Folks. Time's up. Here's an explanation for all you city kids (like me) who couldn't figure what you were looking at:
Yep, it's a wringing-wet-newborn little bullcalf snapped right after his Mama dropped him on the ground. I didn't have any problem finding his ear and maybe his eye but the kids had to draw me a picture after that. The trick is his nose. It's right under that big old black patch to the lower right of his eye (as you look at him).

It's a great optical illusion---like most of the world to me to me these days. In any case, looking for this cute little guy sure beats staying tuned to the news!

13 Comments:

  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    You are the THIRD blogger I've seen who posted a baby animal picture after writing about, or at least alluding to, the chaos in the Middle East. Always refreshing to see new life, isn't it?

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, baby animals are so cute! Can't figure out what this one is though. I'll have to wait for the solution!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why of course, it is a new baby calf. How sweet and wonderful.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Joy Des Jardins said…

    I have to agree with Maria...a new baby calf. Are we right?

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had NO clue what it was...except it was just adorable.
    (Can ya tell I grew up a city girl?)
    AND I agree...we need a bit of lightness after all the sadness on the news.
    Great post, Lucy!

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Well, I don't have a clue as to what it is at all! I cannot see it well enough, I guess!

    BTW: Why would I hate you dear Lucy...I Hate Going Shopping, Too! Virtual shopping is soooo much better! (lol)

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Wow, I didn't know it was a riddle. It looked like a newborn calf to me all along. What else was it suppoed to look like?

    Then again, I've seen a LOT of newborn calves.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger goldenlucyd said…

    To Miss C and all you smarty-pants country kids:
    Thank you for sharing. Personally, I try to avoid looking at slimy things lying on the ground. It's just not my thing. I prefer my first impression of the photo: that somebody had dropped a chocolate ice cream sundae in the grass. Much more appetizing, you have to admit.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Awwww, it's cute, whatever it is....LOL

    I also prefer this to the news. In fact, lately (last 4-5 months) I have studiously avoided contact with the news. Too depressing or maddening!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Ice cream sundae. BWAHAHAHA!

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ginnie said…

    I've just started to get hooked into your blog. I can't believe the age that you say you are...must be fooling me like the puzzle posted here. I agree on two fronts...that I'd prefer it to be an ice cream sundae and that anything is better than listening to the news.
    Thanks for your kind words about my blog. I will try to be worthy of them.
    All the best. Ginnie

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    How very cute and precious!

    Babies are all so cute... even the homely ones. :)

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous David said…

    <$BlogBacklinkSnippet$> posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

     

Post a Comment

<< Home