Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal

Going on 87...Savoring and Surviving the Senior Years

Monday, July 09, 2007

More Than Enough

I wish I could tell you all how much my blog connections mean to me. I go to my faithful friends every morning. It's like meeting in a sweet cafe for coffee. I love it so much. From there I go to their friends, who have joys and trials I closely relate to.

Do these folks know how much I relate and really care for what is happening to them? I'm quite sure not, but I believe my concern and good intentions can't hurt. I talk to my kids about these people as though I know them personally. Jack and Carole listen and I believe, truly care. I think I have the best kids ever.

However, sometimes. as in other enduring relationships that evolve, my kids and I get sick-to-death of each other. Alas, we live together. In most TITs (Tempests-in-a-Teapot) our mutual first response is to silently withdraw and self-rightously wallow. I'm very good at that---I've spent 70+ years perfecting the process. Unfortunately my kids aren't willing to participate in my perfected process. Ungrateful for sure but what to do? I decide to think about it. I go shopping.

When I get home from my shopping trip the house is quiet. I go into my room and find a pure white lily in a crystal cup sitting next to my computer. Next to the cup is a simple note that says, "Love You Mom..." Family and friends. It's more than enough.

10 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are truly gifted. I sit on the edge of every sentence. It's like eating chocolate cake. I love every moment.

    Life is good.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger LZ Blogger said…

    Saw your link over at Dr. Mike's place. What a wonderful outlook you seem to have about not only blogging but life in general. VERY uplifting! ~ jb///

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Maya's Granny said…

    Family and friends are all that one needs in life, aren't they?

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    What a lovely thought. That's one thing I'm trying to teach mykids, how much more important people are than... anything else.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger susannah said…

    Spent some time today reading your entire blog. What a remarkable woman you are! I look forward to more of your writing.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Kay Dennison said…

    As always, Luct, you hit the nail right on the head.

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger joared said…

    What a lovely gesture and beautiful flower. Yes, we do come back to just how much our family and friends mean to us. I think you're so right, about how we each need our own time and space sometimes. You are wise, truly an elder.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was sweet, both how much you enjoy your blogging friends and the flower you received.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Chancy said…

    And we all love you too, sweet Lucy

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    How truly sweet and loving, dear Lucy...Family and Friends..The BEST! Glad to see you are posting sone, my dear...I always love to read what you have to say because there is always humor with all the rest....! HUGS, to you, dear Lucy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home